Five spring home improvement projects
System - Thursday, May 9, 2013
Now that spring is here, it's finally time to get to those doityourself projects. Give your home a mini makeover and increase your curb appeal with these DIY-friendly projects.
- Clean your gutters. After a rough winter, remove any debris or obstructions from your rain gutters to prevent any water around your foundation. For the true do-it-yourselfer, consider replacingyour gutters if you notice any rotting or cracking.
- First impression. Your entryway is the focal point of your facade and leaves a lasting first impression on guests. Consider painting the front door and adding or updating light fixtures on either side of the entryway.
- Snail mail. Replacing your mailbox is a quick and easy way to improve your front yard. House numbers can be purchased and added for a minimal expense.
- Refresh and refinish. Stain outdoor wood decking and furniture. Remember to sweep and scrub surfaces before applying the stain. The fresh coat will make wood look like new.
- Pave the way. Budgetfriendly stones can be purchased at most garden supply stores. Line either side of your driveway to achieve a crisp look without the expense of pavers.