10 Tips to sell your house in the summer
System - Sunday, August 26, 2012
Summer is often considered a challenging time to sell your home due to family vacations, childcare constraints and summer activities. While it may be more of a challenge or inconvenience to market your property during this season, it is not impossible. Here are some ideas to attract summer buyers.
- Maintain your lawn. Focus on curb appeal and take advantage of the season. Mow your lawn often and ensure all sprinklers are working.
- Cultivate the landscape. Trim bushes, hedges and trees, spread mulch, sweep the walkway and plant flowers.
- Clear a path. It is important that the front entrance is clear of any debris. Repair loose steps and railings or cracks in sidewalks; potential buyers should be able to navigate with ease.
- Provide a welcome respite. When guests enter your home the temperature should be comfortable, perhaps a welcome relief from the outside.
- Organize everything. Your home should be clutter-free, tidy and clean.
- Serve seasonal refreshments. Lemonade, fresh fruit or warm pies are appetizing and create a summer ambiance within your home.
- Bring in the light. The windows and glass doors should shine.
- Hide your tools. Stow away all landscaping tools; potential buyers do not need to be reminded of the maintenance that accompanies a home.
- Clean the pool. If you have a pool it should be clean and clear. Towels, toys and rafts should be neatly stored away so they do not detract from the space.
- Light it up. Illuminate your outside areas with well placed lights.